This directory is where we store the architecture independent files that are needed when you are forced to install Macaulay 2 manually.
Starting with release 1.1, except under Macintosh OS X and Microsoft Windows with Cygwin, there are two files that must be downloaded, one containing the files needed just for your architecture, and the other containing the files shared in common by all distributions. The former includes an indication of the architecture in its name, and the latter includes the word "common" in its name and is stored in this directory. An example:
Warning: eventually we may have to subdivide this common area. For example, there may be some systems where the emacs info files are deposited in /usr/info, and some where they are deposited in /usr/share/info. (The latter is where we put them.) We hope we don't run into incompatibilities of that type.
- Macaulay2-1.12-1.common.rpm, 19708256 bytes, July 23, 2018, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.12-common.deb, 20616952 bytes, July 20, 2018, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.12-common.tar.gz, 20767756 bytes, July 20, 2018, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.11-1.common.rpm, 18623952 bytes, April 9, 2018, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.11-common.deb, 19521714 bytes, April 6, 2018, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.11-common.tar.gz, 19588797 bytes, April 5, 2018, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.10-1.common.rpm, 17725104 bytes, June 14, 2017, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.10-common.deb, 18461150 bytes, June 13, 2017, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.10-common.tar.gz, 18792780 bytes, June 17, 2017, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.9.2-1.common.rpm, 12666072 bytes, August 17, 2016, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.9.2-common.deb, 14496296 bytes, August 17, 2016, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.9.2-common.tar.gz, 14551468 bytes, August 16, 2016, .sig